Thursday, January 7, 2010

Stuffed Peppers with wild rice and acorn squash!

All I can say is yum! After looking at my dinner menu for tonight I went off track. Sloppy Joes just didn't sound good even thought I have a killer recipe...(that one will come soon)...looking in my fridge I saw I had 3 beautiful green peppers just waiting to be eaten and in our house they are like candy yes my kids are that strange they eat vegetables! I am such a proud Momma! Anyways I found all the great and yummy things to stuff and shove into these gorgeous peppers and serve them with so here you go. ENJOY!

1lb ground turkey (can use ground beef)
3 large green peppers
2 hand fulls of Italian bread crumbs
1/2 c cottage cheese
1/2 c feda cheese
1 15oz can stewed tomatoes
salt,pepper to taste
1tsp basil
1/2tsp oregano

mix seasonings, turkey, cheeses and bread crumbs until blended. stuff into peppers and top with tomatoes.
bake at 375 four 45 to 55 min or until meat is cooked threw!
Serve up with Wild Rice and Acorn Squash...

Acorn Squash...
1 acorn squash sliced in half
place 1/2c water in bottom of baking dish. sprinkle squash with sea salt pepper and drizzle with honey. cook squash in 375 over for 30 min or until desired softness.

Wild Rice....
hahaha I cheated on this one. I use rice a Ronni...oops but i added a few onions and garlic to it!!



No comments:

Post a Comment